Are you planning your month today? Things are really picking up steam and the busy season is almost here. Here are some tasks to make sure you put on your list for April, depending on your season:
- Prepare your soil. It's time to start tilling in most places. It's still a bit wet here, but with the weather we've had, it might be time soon!
- If you're gardening in raised beds, now is definitely the time to build them.
- Check out this list from Marie Ianotti of spring task lists.
- If your soil can be worked, plant early crops like peas and greens.
- If not, continue to read and plan: learn about some easy-to-grow plants, how to garden by the moon, or how much you should grow to feed your family.
If you're among those enjoying unseasonably warm, sunny days this weekend, make the most of them! Here, it's a great day to bushhog trails, clear brush, clean up around the land (the snow just melted about a week ago) and generally get things organized and ready for the growing season. The sun sure is energizing!